Monday, July 12, 2010

Divine Appointments





    2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (Hebrews 13:2, New King James Version)

Divine appointments are what this verse is all about to me. I have coined this term to describe when God has the paths of two individuals come together for a temporary but specific point in time. You know when you are in a divine appointment when you hear the content of the words spoken by the stranger or friend. The content of their message speaks directly to the point or issue that you were talking to God about. You may have just wondered silently in your heart and mind then before you know it you are face to face with an individual that has the word and or solution for which you have been looking.

Just last week I was saying to God, "Who can I talk too about this situation?"  It seemed impossible for me to talk about it because of my place and station. Moments later as I keep my known appointment with a fellow. God transformed the meeting into a Divine appointment. It was as though God took over the individual and spoke directly to my issue. I was amazed of the timing and the specificity of the words. I had just had a divine appointment.

Have you ever had one of these divine appointments? I think that they come to those who are open to them. That's why I quoted the verse above. If we heed these words and we allow ourselves to be open to the possibility of a divine appointment even with strangers. God can and will speak directly to us.

This reminds me of a movie I saw recently...I think the movie is called Yes Man!  The main character Jim Carey....used to say no! to every opportunity. Then he ran into a philosophy of saying YES to life and opportunities. The YES opened the door to all that he wanted. There is so much more to this film we can discuss later or off line.

For now let us be open to divine appointments. Let us say Yes LORD! Yes to your will and way even allowing for the stranger to brake into our ordered and structured world and bless us with a message from God.