Sunday, May 30, 2010

"A Word to the Wise is Sufficient"

"A Word to the Wise is Sufficient" was an oft quoted saying of my beloved father the Late Hon. Yahya B.A. Muhammad. He would use the cryptic phrase almost as a warning. If he saw someone doing the wrong thing or going down a dangerous path he would speak a word of experience and advice to the person or persons and seal his admonition with the phrase a "A Word to the Wise is sufficient." There were times when I did not heed his wise advise and as a result I suffered the consequence of not receiving the "sufficient" word or the words that is just as much as is need to avoid the pain and suffering cause by ignoring the wise words of my elder.

It was in the light of this memory of my father that I taught my "Woman's Day" message. I had been challenged earlier in the week by the dynamic wise words of First Lady of West Angeles Church of God in Christ and wife of Bishop Charles Blake. Sister Mae Blake was teaching, at her annual luncheon "A Day in May with Mae," on the things that she learned from her Mother. I was moved by her message and I learned a great deal. In the same week my wise wife First Lady Unitha L. Muhammad of LA Community Church pointed my attention to a very disturbing video she had come across where some you men gone wild were instruction elderly women to smoke crack cocaine as an experiment to determine who had the best "product" of death and destruction. In these two contrasting imaged of womanhood I drew my sermonic message and interactive bible study. I hope that you will take the time to listen to these powerful messages and allow the word of God to be you word from the Wise that is enough to transform you life and lifestyle. The message is taken from the biblical text: Proverbs 14:1

 1   The wise woman builds her house,
      But the foolish pulls it down with her hands. 
       (Proverbs 14:1, New King James Version) and Titus 2:3-5  1-6Your job is to speak out on the things that make for solid doctrine. Guide older men into lives of temperance, dignity, and wisdom, into healthy faith, love, and endurance. Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior. Also, guide the young men to live disciplined lives.  (Titus 2:3-5, The Message)

I hope that I have peaked your interest in listening to the full sermon and Bible Study.
The links to the sermon is here:

 http://tinyurl.com/A-Word-to-the-Wise-Sermon

The link to the Bible Study is here:


http://tinyurl.com/The-Wise-Word-Bible-Study

Be sure to enjoy and leave a comment. If you would like to be informed as update then become a follower of Lizwi Speaks.  Remember "A Word to the Wise is Sufficient